Barcelona is a sunny city , both summer and winter are equally good to visit. Generally, Winters in Barcelona is mild so you’ll explore more .
General information about Barcelona
It is a city in Spain and capital of Catalonia, located on the eastern coast of Iberian Peninsula. It has world’s best tourist, economic , trade fair and cultural centers. It has contributed greatly in fashion, science, sports and art which had made this city as world’s global city. Location of Barcelona on world map is shown :
TOP REASONS FOR VISITING IN WINTERS
Winter is one of the beautiful seasons of Barcelona. Streets are noise free, people are more relaxed and everywhere is a calm environment . Snowfall is very rare in Barcelona and average temperature is also around 12°C in winters. And you’ll not face any queues while visiting a place, which is very common in summer.
In winters you’ll see a mythological character outside every house , it is a tradition in barcelona to hang a smiley face outside every house .
Some of the top traditional meals are available only during winter ,these are the most tastiest food in barcelona. Your trip is incomplete without these dishes :
1. escudella de carn d’olla- It is a vegetable and meat soup with pasta. It’s a traditional Catalan soup . You can find this dish in near by hotels.
2. Churros with dipping chocolate- It is one of the classical dishes of barcelona.
3. turrón - It is a southern Europe nougat confection .
4. Yema-It is a sweet custard confection made with egg.
5. Rosquillos de vino-they are anise and wine flavoured rings traditionally eaten.
6 .Roasted chestnuts and sweet potatoes- they are roasted chestnut with sweet potatoes in a pan.
Another important factor is hotel.Whenever you visit somewhere,40% of your budget goes into hotel rent which results in less days of holiday. But in winters as there is less rush of people so the hotel prices are also very less . Some of the best hotels in best price is shown here:
Chic & Basic Born
• If you want style but in less price and if you can accommodate in less space or if you are travelling alone or only with your partner then this hotel is best for you. It has all the facilities including gym.
• It is located in Barcelona’s trendy Born district, 250 m from the Picasso Museum.
Price: Doubles from 69£
Ciutat de Barcelona
•It is a simple hotel with a terrace on which it has Gaudiesque plunge pool. All this is worthy of double the price you pay. The rooms are white in colour with free wifi and other cons.
• It is located in Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter, 100 m from the Picasso Museum.
• Price doubles from 58£
• This hotel has a well designed hall where guests have their meal at very low price .All the dishes are available .
•You’ll feel a young and refreshing atmosphere here.
• It is located in Barcelona’s San Antonio Market, which is at 10 minutes' walk from MACBA Gallery.
•Price doubles from 54£
•It is a cool place to meet with roof terrace and cocktail bar which makes this place worth living. Restaurant is glass-ceilinged alongside the garden which gives a Mediterranean look.
• It is located right next to Plaza Catalunya in center of Barcelona.
•Price doubles from 82£
Places To Visit In Day Time
1.Montserrat and Oller del Mas Winery
•If you like history ,then this is the most ideal place for you .You’ll explore many new facts and it gives you an interesting flavor of past in nature.
•It is surrounded by mountains from all sides, which will make your trip more interesting and you can click many memorable pictures. And you’ll also find some vineyards here.
• It is located in Carretera Manresa-Igualada , half an hour away from the central barcelona.
•Its opening timing is 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
2. CASA BATLLO
•It is one of the masterpiece building created by Antoni Gaudí .Every single section of this building is well planned and the outcome is the same as designed.
• It is located in the heart of Passeig de Gràcia , which is the most avenue place of barcelona. You’ll find nearby shops and markets of top brands and selling best quality.
•If you are planning to visit barcelona then you must visit here.
Opening time: 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
Cost for 1 hour it is $29.06
3. El Fossar de les Moreres
• This is a historic place having moving monuments of all those brave people who lost their live when Catalonia lost their independence.
•Total time you need to invest to visit is not more than 1 hour ,so you’ll have time to check out other nearby places.
• It is located in Santa Maria del Mar Basilica at one of the end of Passeig del Born.
•It is open for 24 hours with no entry fee.
• It is one of the oldest church ,built in XIV century. You’ll find the secret of this church on its wall , where you can see the cultural time.And newly married couple visits this place.
• It’s opening time is 9:00 a.m.-10:30 p.m.
• Entry is free and it is located in EL born.
• It is a public park with architectonic elements located on Carmell hills .
• Timings are 8:00am-9:30 pm
•Entry fee is € 7.50 for 13 above
€5.25 for 5-12 year kids
•If you want to enjoy hills in spain then you must visit this place .River Llobregat is flowing alongside, it was the birthplace of this city.
•TIMING : 8am-6pm
•Entry fee is € 5 for adults and € 3 for child
Nightlife In Barcelona
There are many places which are best to visit at late evenings.
1. Magic Fountain
•Now for those who like mountain, this place will make you like them more.
•It is a combination of music and rain which makes it a beautiful place to enjoy.
• Its opening time is 7 p.m. -9 p.m.
•Its entry is free.
•It is located in Avinguda Reina Maria Cristina below the Palau Nacional.
2. Las Ramblas
• It is a pedestrian street ,with outdoor shops ,markets , restaurants and many other activity.
•This street is 1200 meter long and is located in provinces of Barcelona.
• It’s a nightclub full of dance,food , people and many more things.
•It is located in industrial part of El Poublenou.
•Its entry time is 11:00 p.m. - 5:30 a.m.
•For 1 hour it is € 16.
4. Jamboree Jazz
• It is music club where musicians perform on the latest songs and it is mainly for jazz lovers.
• It is open from 7:30 p.m.-11 p.m.
• Ticket prices are invariant and depending upon the artist it varies.
5. Sutton Barcelona
• Another night club where you can enjoy a lot.
6. FLAMENCO Evening Show
•It is a historic theatre , where spectacular performances by singers dancers and guitarists are shown .
• Show time is: 7:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. 9:30 p.m.-10:30 p.m.
•Entry fee is 44£ .
Comedy Clubs that will lighten your mind
It is a comedy company in which shows are organised on weekly basis and monthly basis.
Show time is: 8:30 pm.-11 p.m.
It is a english comedy club at The Collective, Carrer D'en Roig 11.
Ticket price is 5 euros and show time is : 9:00 p.m.-10 p.m.
It is also a english comedy club ,which organises best quality comedy shows once a month in Shamrock Bar Venue.
Shopping In Barcelona
Barcelona is famous for fashion and you will find many stores and no shortage of designer clothes. Some of the famous shopping places are:
The Portal de l’Àngel: It consists of a series of shops where you can find all the latest outfits.
Plaça de Sant Josep Oriol : Apart from shops you’ll see musicians ,painters , designer boutiques and other cultural activity are going on the street ,which will give you a different experience of shopping.
Avinguda Diagonal: This market has all the international brands that includes Giorgio Armani, Gianni Versace and Gucci.
Les Glòries, : It is located in Avinguda Diagonal and it is a huge complex upto 3 levels consisting of 230 well known shops also bar , restaurants and multiplex cinema are available here.
The Centre Comercial Maremàgnum: It is an american style shopping complex with bars ,restaurants , mini golf area and other exciting things .It is located at end of Moll de la Fusta open from 10am to 10pm all-year round .
El Bulevard Rosa: It’s a street and on one side 70 antique shops are running and on the other side 100 shops are available for clothes. Apart from antiques and clothes, you’ll find furniture shops and paintings selling over there.