Minicoy Island, Lakshadweep
Minicoy is the southern-most island of Lakshadweep. It is an inhabited island in the Union Territory.
Things to do:
● The island offers many adventurous watersports and other activities like snorkeling, kayaking, scuba diving, and banana boat rides.
● There are three shipwrecks which are excellent scuba diving spots near the island waters.
● You can also head to a shady corner and laze on the silvery white sands if you are not interested in water sports.
You can also watch a million shades of blue. It is very clean and is one of the best coral beaches in India. It one of the best secluded romantic destinations in India.
This island is known as the “Hawaii of Greece” due to Naxos’s incredible natural beauty. It is the greenest island in the Cyclades, approx 100km of white sandy beaches are lapped by incredibly clear waters.
This is undoubtedly the perfect spot to get down on one knee. You can take your own beach goddess to spend the best time of your life Enjoy the romantic retreat.
● How to get to there: Though this place has many beautiful beaches it doesn’t have an airport. So if you want to visit this idyllic island, the best way is to fly to Santorini or Mykonos and then take a ferry across.
Dominica offers a picturesque tropical climate with a dynamic range of landscapes and idyllic settings. It is also known as Nature Island. Dominica is not crowded with tourists which makes it the perfect spot for seclusion and romance.
Things to do:
This island offers beautiful tropical rainforests, natural hot springs, a boiling lake, along with falls and gorges galore. wellness-oriented Rosalie Bay Resort is the best place to stay to connect with nature.
● How to get there: You can easily catch an early flight from top hubs across the U.S. and arrive within a few hours.
Majuli Island — One of the biggest river islands in the world
Majuli Island is one of the biggest river islands in the world. This river island is located in India. It is the most unique and unconventional island.
Things to so:
● It is famous for its breath-taking sunrises and stunning sunsets. While exploring these islands you will witness the Assamese culture very closely.
● Rent a motorcycle to explore the island and also try your hand at local meshing and mask making.
The traditional northeastern cuisine will leave you mesmerized. Instead of sand on its coast, you will see moss. You can stay at La Maison de Anand, Yggdrasill Bamboo Cottage or government accommodations.
● Places to see: 21 Satras and Mishing Village
● Best time to visit: October – December
● How to get there: Take boat ride from Jorhat which is fairly connected through airways to Guwahati. There are two ferries – one leaves at 10 am and the other at 3 pm.
Anse Macquereau, Fregate Island, Seychelles
It is hard to beat this stunner on Fregate Island if you are a stickler for solitude. It is one of Seychelles’ luxurious and poshest resorts and is the only resort on this island.
This place will provide you complete privacy. There is no chance of being interrupted by another human, thanks to palm trees lining one side and granite formations on the other. The Beach has an Occupied sign, in case some clueless wanderer doesn’t get the message.
● How to get there: There are direct flights to Seychelles.
Divar Island — Near The Coasts Of Goa
Divar Island lies about 10 km upstream from Panjim, Goa. It is one of the untouched islands in India, It is situated across the bustling river of Mandovi. Though Goa is the most visited state of India, Divar island has retained the lively culture and countryside feel of Goa.
Bollywood movie Dil Chahta Hai was also shot here. Divar Island Retreat Guest House is the best place to stay. Our Lady Of Compassion Church, European houses are some places worth visiting.
● Best time to visit: Mid-November – Mid-February
● How to get there: 10 mins ferry ride from Viceroy’s Arch in Old Goa
Conrad Bora Bora Nui
There are only a few hotels in Bora Bora. All these hotels are stunning in one way or the other. The Conrad Bora Bora Nui has a plenty of living space in beautiful romantic overwater villas with spacious decks.
Things to do:
● Couples can enjoy the massage in the privacy of their villa or can get a full-service spa.
● Beautiful views.
● Large range of corals.
● These overwater Deluxe Villas have captivating and enticing views of the famous blue lagoon.
● There are Glass floor boats and other viewing panels in your villa that let you watch exotic marine life.
● Other attractions are Italian marble bathrooms, separate seating area with satellite TV, air conditioning and high-speed internet access.
Bora Bora is an amazing place to visit if you are looking for secluded honeymoon destinations.
If you want to get away from the world and enjoy some private moments. This is the best place to Stay at a secluded villa amidst quiet rice paddies.
Things to do:
● You can make your own chocolate at the Pod Chocolate Factory and make some sweet memories.
● You can also release baby sea turtles safely into the ocean.
● Visit the underground houses of the Gala Gala Caves or brave the swings and bridges of the Treetop Adventure Park.
● How to get there: Just book a flight to Bali and enjoy.
Grand Island — The Place to dive and fish
The agonizing beauty and unlittered beaches will add to your romantic experience.
Things to do:
● This is the best place for diving and snorkeling near Goa.
● The Grand Island is also very famous for its exceptional scuba diving sites.
● Suzy’s Wreck dive, Shelter Cove dive, Bounty Bay dive, Sail Rock dive, Spice plantation and Dolphin points are some popular attractions.
Things to be kept in mind: There are no accommodation facilities available. This island is open just for a day trip of 8 hours.
● How to get there: A ferry ride will take 20-40 min from Goa depending on the departure point. It can be arranged by your resort.
● Best time to visit: October – May
You might feel like you have been to this place because of the iconic shots of domed white-washed houses set against the bright blue sea.
You may have bound to see this place in movies and if not then see below. Isn’t it amazingly beautiful? It is even better in person.
This beach is not pristine swathes of golden sands like all the beaches but in fact black! The most southern island in the Cyclades chain, Santorini, is made of volcanic rock, hence the unusual color of their dunes.
● How to get there: This island is just a plane ride away. You can fly directly to Santorini from Manchester, London, Birmingham, and Bristol, with regular routes from easyJet and Thomson.
This enticing island is lush with small hidden villages, sugarcane fields, tea plantations, and much more to explore with your honey.
Things to do:
Sea walking is the best attraction that lets you walk on the bottom of the ocean with a unique helmet which allows you to breathe normally underwater which is very different from Scuba diving.
Four Seasons and the St. Regis both of these resorts are the epitomai of romance. Both are located on different sides of the island.
● How to get there: By plane.
St Mary’s Islands — Off the coasts of Karnataka
Quite similarly to Giant’s Causeway in Ireland, St Mary’s is a set of four small islands in India. The rocky beach and clear blue water make these islands a must visit. This island in India is still unknown to a large number of people.
Things to see:
● Coconut gardens and basaltic rock formations.
● These islands are famous for their basaltic rock formations cut into a peculiar hexagonal shape.
Things to keep in mind: There are no accommodation facilities on this empty island in India. Carry your own food and beverage since there is no refreshment facility available on the islands.
● Best time to visit: December – January
● How to get there: Only way to reach this island is to take a boat from Malpe, Karnataka. The ride is roughly 15 mins and costs about Rs 500 for a round trip.
This island is the perfect pick for adventurous travelers because of the mountains and rough back road. Travelers looking for a day trip can explore rich wildlife.
You can come face to face with wild animals. It is very common to see exotic birds and dwarf elephants on the rural island of Tilos.
You’ll be able to enjoy the peace and quiet of nature once you get to the beaches which can be a little difficult because of the rough rocky way but it is totally worthy.
● Some best beaches are Eristos, Red Beach and San Antonio.
● How to get there: There is no airport on this island but you can fly to the island of Rhodes and then take a boat. You can also take boat from Pireo, Mykonos or Athens.