- Many people are fond of trekking because it makes them feel more audacious and close to Mother Earth.
- One of the top places to trek is in Manali, where the mountains are so beautiful that you would love to climb them. The boundless landscapes and mountains make the whole affair valuable.
- Manali is a favorite expedition for trekkers and is the best place if you are trekking for the first time.
- The trekking season in Manali starts from April and runs till October.
- There are various locations for trekking in Manali but the Hampta Pass trek is one of the more famous ones.
- Some other treks in Manali are:
- Beas Kund Trek
- Bhrigu Lake Trek
- Chandratal Lake Trek
- Friendship Peak Trek
- Deo Tibba Base Camp Trek
- Vashisht Jogini Waterfall Trek
- Price: You should be able to get a good deal for yourself at around Rs. 2000. The price varies according to the company you choose as there are numerous choices available in Manali.
- When it comes to things to do in Manali, Paragliding should be a must. Gliding through the deep valley to the daring skies of Manali gives immense pleasure and one can feel the adrenaline in the veins.
- The price varies from duration to duration, so you can choose the duration fitting in your budget.
- If you take the short one-minute paragliding flight, it will not cost you much but you won’t be able to relish the nature or the adventure much.
- If you really wish to get the thrill of flying, best would be the 15-minutes flight, which will give you the tingling vibe.
- It is recommended to go for this activity early in the morning as it provides some gratifying views.
- Suitable time is January to May and October to December.
- With the right kind of stability over a stretch of 20 km in Manali, the waters of Beas River happens to have the most ideal waters for different forms of rafting.
- For those who are fond of water sports, river rafting has some great fun to offer and experiencing it in Manali just makes it exceptional.
- Price: There are group packages that you can choose. One can book a river rafting package for around INR 1000 per person.
- Best time to visit: All the river rafting activities happen in the months of April to June because these are the most suitable months.
4. Biking in Rohtang Pass
- This ground of corpses is at a high elevation of 14000 ft.
- Adventure addicts must rank this highest in their list of things to do in Manali.
- Wear your heart on your sleeves as you ride through the Rohtang Pass with snow on both sides and marvelous views of the valley.
- Pir Panjal mountain ranges and dreamlike view of the panorama will hypnotize you as the best travel partners.
- Rohtang pass is open from May to November and is closed on Tuesday.
5. Hot Water Baths in Manikaran
- This should be one of the must do things while you visit Manali.
- Manikaran is a place which is said to be one of the major holy centers.
- The sulfur water bath is widely known in the place.
- There are various sacred beliefs associated which tell distinct stories about how these hot springs first emerged.
- Usually, the suitable time to visit this place is during winters as the water is naturally hot and offers an enjoyable calming bath.
- A dip is a must for everyone who makes an effort to go to this high-altitude place.
6. Visit Gauri Shankar Temple
- It is an 800-year-old temple devoted to Lord Shiva of the Hindu religion.
- It is quite famous for all those who have holy beliefs and are enlightenment seekers.
- The architecture is something many people appreciate about the temple.
- Timings: 5 AM to 12 Noon and 4 PM to 9 PM.
7. Mountain Biking
- Mountain biking is a lively sport that gives the adrenaline pump.
- This exciting mountain bike ride on the trip to Manali is necessary to experience.
- The trail usually starts from Solang ski pass and ends in Old Manali.
- It is simple to rent a bike in Manali.
- Usually, the charges are INR 500 per day with a small amount of security.
8. Manali Wildlife Sanctuary
- The elegant greenery and the presence of wild mountain animals make the Manali Wildlife Sanctuary one of the must-visit places in Manali.
- This landscape embraces lush green forests and snow-covered mountains.
- This sanctuary welcomes you with the glimpses and melody of colorful birds and exotic flora and fauna – snow leopards, brown bears, musk deer, Flying Fox, Stripped Hyena, kingfisher and many more.
- The lush jungle of this Manali sanctuary is covered with trees of Deodar, Kail, Maple, Walnut and many more.
- The best time to visit this awesome place is during winter when the surroundings are spirited and more gratifying.
9. Eat at Kwality Sher-e-Punjab
- Treat your taste buds with appetizing Punjabi and South Indian cuisine at the famous Kwality Sher-e-Punjab.
- This eminent outlet wears the crown of being Manali’s most cherished restaurant.
- Timings: 10 AM to 10 PM
- Cost for two: INR 800
- Rolling down the mild grass slopes while in a huge inflated transparent plastic ball can make anybody’s world go round.
- The green slants of Solang Valley are perfect for this activity.
- Two people can be tied in a single ball at the same time.
- People from all across the country visit Manali to participate in Zorbing.
- This adventure sport does not require any former training.
- Price: INR 500 per person but it depends on the season
- Best Time to Visit: January to May and October to December
11. Shop at Manu Market
- Well-known amongst locals as well as tourists, this cramped yet bustling market is situated near Mall Road Manali.
- The market is Indian style with narrow streets flocked with shops.
- The center of attraction here is the Tibetan jewellery.
- Traveling without shopping is half-completed. Shopping can be in last of things to do in Manali.
- Market Timings: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
12. Naggar Castle
- The Naggar Castle is a medieval palace made of wood and stone that overlooks the alluring valley of Kullu.
- The castle is a unique mix of the Western and Himalayan style of architecture and was built in 1460 A.D.
- This primitive masterpiece plays as both a rest house and a tourist attraction.
- Anyone who is fond of visiting art galleries and painting exhibitions will find Naggar Castle to be a really fascinating place.
- Castle Timings: All days from 7 AM to 10 PM
- Slopes of Manali are well-known for its outstanding skiing conditions with skiing lovers visiting from all across the country.
- The rolling slopes of Solang Valley and Rohtang Pass tends to be a perfect place for beginners to learn their first move.
- So, if you are an adventure lover, leave yourself in the hands of the skilled trainers to feel the adventure of skiing in a beautiful scenery of Manali.
- Heading to the high altitude regions of Rohtang Pass and Solang valley in Manali will help you to enjoy skiing in its best form.
- Best Time to Visit: December and January
14. Spend Time at Rahala Waterfall
- Rahala Waterfalls is a breathtaking place near Manali.
- This waterfall is located en route to Rohtang Pass.
- The waterfall originates due to the melting of glaciers.
- Water flows down from a certain elevation from a ridge and is a wonderful sight.
- One can stop for a while and enjoy the grandeur of the falls.
- The sight of snow-capped peaks in the backdrop, the surrounding deodar and birch trees and the chants of nature fill you with ecstasy.
- Best Time to Visit: May to October as the water freezes during winters.
15. Camping in Kothi
- Kothi is an ideal place to enjoy camping.
- Kothi is a fantastic village that presents a glorious view of snow-covered mountains and glaciers.
- This place is one of the closet sights of the mountain paradise.
- It is a perfect stop if you are planning to climb the Rohtang Pass valley on foot and is an alluring place to absorb the elegance of nature.
- Best Time to Visit: May to October
16. Visit Mall Road of Manali
- Mall road is the soul of Manali which waits for you to indulge yourself in all its joy.
- It has various lodgings, restaurants and shopping opportunities that are going to give you one hell of an encounter, so you can eat, sleep and shop here on replay.
- And if you are staying in Manali Inn you get a perk of rejoicing the peaceful morning viewing the green valley and snow-capped peaks all around and also experience the mall road like never before as it is at a walking distance.
- So, if you are done with exploring Manali, then head to these markets to take home some of Manali’s exotic mementos.