The best winter trek the Himalayas has to offer
6 day experience highlights
Items free of cost for the travellers we love :)
Truly said, roads were made to cherish journey, not to just reach at a destination. If you really want to do something and plan an escape, you will find a way. A journey to Brahmatal will leave you speechless as you can be, turning you and your ride into a beautiful story. Brahmatal is indeed a classic winter trek offering an adrenaline thrill in the depths of Uttarakhand Himalayas.
Uttarakhand is known as abode to God, Dev Bhoomi, and this place at an easy altitude of 12,500 ft offers capturing moment and panoramic view of the surrounding that is unmatched.
It is a 6 days moderate trek which gives the most amazing views of Mt. Trishul and Mt. Nanda Ghunti, frozen glacial lakes and snow laden forests. The journey would start at it's slow pace - right from the changing panorama, deep forests of rhododendron, oaks, endless snow peaks of the Himalayas, 360 degrees of Garhwal range of mountains like Mt. Nanda Ghunti and Mt. Trishul on one side and the other side beautiful peaks of Mt. Chowkhamba and Kumaon Range.
“Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn Mountain.” – Jack Kerouac
See all 4 inclusions
Day 1: Drive From Kathgodam To Lohajung
- A 10-hour uphill drive of 215 km from Kathgodam to Lohajung that lies at an Altitude of 7,662 ft.
- You will enjoy the parallel run of Kosi river with regular changing vistas and the marvellous view of Ghori Parvat, Hathi Parvat, Nandaghunti, Trishul, Mrigthuni, Maiktoli, Nanda Devi, Nanda Khat
- You will reach Lohajung by late afternoon and overnight stay in a guest house
Day 2: Trek From Lohajung To Khopdalia Tal
- Trek upwards from a beautiful trail of forests with few houses in mid from Lohajung to Bekaltal.
- After breakfast. Commence the trip to Bekaltal
- En route, on a clear sky the peak of Nanda Ghunti. The ascent is quite gradual followed by an awe-inspiring views of the valley, streams and bridges
- Amidst the trail of the jungle of conifer, oak, cedar - you climb the ridge and reach a suitable place for camping called Khodalia
- Stay overnight in tents
Day 3: Journey Towards Brahmatal Lake
- After an early morning breakfast, trek till the camp of Brahmtal lake or Khabekhal which in case of snow showers might take about 3-4 hours to reach
- For about an hour, walk by a forest of oak trees and reach Telandi which is about 11,000ft and is the opening gateway of the meadows
- You can enjoy the beautiful Mt. Trishul and Mt. Nanda Ghunti and can even witness the Didina Village
Day 4: Trek From Brahmtal To Khamila Top/Jatropani And Back
- Climb to the beautiful piece of art of nature ‘Brahmatal’ starting with trek of almost an hour that will take you to Chota Jhandidar
- Brahmatal is around 12,500ft and is best known for it's 360 degree view
- Pass through Choda and Bada Jhandidar to reach Brahmtal which is a curvy trail sandwiched between valleys on either side. 2.5 to 3 hours is all you need to reach Brahmtal top
- En route, enjoy the moments of the mighty Himalayas embed in your heart specifically the Mt. Trishul and Nandaghunti
- Daldum, the campsite for the day is just 3 hours away from the peak, with a trail passing through forests
Day 5: Trek Back To Lohajung
- Early morning breakfast and get ready to descent throught the majestic oak trees and rhododendron
- From here, Lohajung is just 4 km away. After exiting the forest, you will reach Malling in half an hour with few houses of the villages on the slopes
- Enjoy the amazing sunset
- Keep following the stone trail made by the visitors of the villagers and you will reach Lohajung
Day 6: Drive To Rishikesh/Haridwar
- Early morning breakfast and start your return journey with a drive of 250-270 km from Lohajung to Rishikesh/Haridwar.
- Cherish the beautiful moments and smile with the memories enjoyed.
- Trip ends here.
Your commute on trip
Shared commute - You will be accompanied by other travellers indulging in the same experience for those said dates. A strict timing needs to be maintained in order to stay on schedule.
We'd highly recommend you to plan an early morning arrival so that we are able to reach before sunset, and you will be able to enjoy your time at leisure.
Cancellation and rescheduling policy
Any trip or experience can be canceled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase.