Chopta Chandrashila Trek
The ideal trek to start your Himalayan treks' list
5 day experience highlights
Items free of cost for the travellers we love :)
To all the young and aspiring trekkers one of the best trekking options for you is the Chandrashila Chopta trek; this is the ideal trek experience for the beginners. The trail of Chandrashila Chopta trek evokes adventure and thrill. The lofty terrains that lead to the summit make it an incredible experience for trekking enthusiast. The girdle of the natural beauty leaves one enchanted. Right in the heart of Uttarakhand, Chandrashila Chopta trek soars up at a height of 13,000 ft or 4,000 meters approximately.
The best part of this trek is that it is a year-round adventure and the same level of thrill and excitement can be seen in every season. To be specific, treks during autumn and winter are most popular. The starting point of the Chandrashila Chopta trek is Sari Village. The nearest airport to this starting point is Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun and it takes around 7 hours to reach Sari Village from the airport by road in a private hired vehicle. Also, the Haridwar Station is the nearest railhead from where the options of taxi and local buses are available.
There is another suggested route for the Chandrashila Chopta trek who’s starting point is Kund Camp. One must know that the trail does not follow a particular order so they should not get confused with the route on the map. In case someone is not good with maps they need not worry because they can easily follow the route suggested by their trek guide or can follow the fellow trekkers. Apart from the outstanding scenic beauty and fascinating views of the Chandrashila Chopta trek, the meadows of the Garhwal region is also a home to lush green forests and thousands of animal and bird species. The most sighted wildlife includes Elephants, Wild boar, spotted eagle, and Musk deer.
See all 4 inclusions
Day 1: Drive From Haridwar / Rishikesh To Ukhimath
After breakfast we start drive to Ukhimath via, Devprayag (Confluence of Alaknanda & Bhagirathi, from Devprayag the Holy River Ganges start), and Rudraprayag (Confluence of Alaknanda & Mandakini River). We stop for lunch enroute. We continue our drive and arrive at Ukhimath by evening. Check into The Guest House. Dinner and overnight stay.
- Our first-day drive is from Rishikesh to Ukhimath. This trek would offer a spectacular view of Ganga, Alaknanda and Mandakini rivers which makes the holy Ganges
- We stop for lunch enroute. We continue our drive and arrive at Ukhimath by evening. Check into The Guest House
- After Dinner overnight stay in Tent
Day 2: Trek From Ukhimath To Deoria Tal
- Early in the Morning enjoy the panoramic view of an entire range of the snow clapped mountains with the beautiful view of the Snow Clapped Himalayan Ranges
- Morning after breakfast start the 5-6 hours trek to The Lake Deoria Tal through dense forest of Rhododendron and lots of wild flowers and ferns.
- On reaching Deoria Tal, check in to the tents and enjoy the excellent sunset.
- Dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Day 3: Trek To To Chopta Via Sari Village
- In the morning enjoy the glitter of the morning sun on a snow peak Kedarnath and Chaukhamba group of peaks with their reflection in the Lake
- after breakfast trek down to about 3 km to Sari Village
- From here, resume your trek to Chopta forest and meadows, with packed lunch. Enroute you can enjoy the magnificent snow-capped peaks, flora & Fauna and mountain landscape with its high altitude meadows
- On reaching, you can set out your tents and you can proceed to the enchanting valley of the vast floral greenery with enthralling views of high mountains in the evening
- Dinner and overnight stay at the camp
Day 4: Trek To Chandrashila Peak Via Tungnath Temple
- Starting an early trek to Tungnath, situated at the height of 3680 mts from the sea level, the highest Lord Shiva Shrine in India with packed lunch
- You can experience lush green meadows and we can see the entire range of snow clapped Himalayas
- Relax for few minutes and resume your trek to Chandrasilla Top, which has the magnificient views of the Great Himalayas and with the view of highest peak of India Nanda Devi (7848 mts.)
- Later trek back to Chopta for dinner and overnight stay
Day 5: Drive Back To Rishikesh
- Have breakfast and drive back to Rishikesh with packed lunch. You can enjoy the delighted sight of small villages which nestles in an idyllic setting.
- This amazing trek comes to an end as you arrive in Rishikesh
Your commute on trip
Shared commute - You will be accompanied by other travellers indulging in the same experience for those said dates. A strict timing needs to be maintained in order to stay on schedule.
We'd highly recommend you to plan an early morning arrival so that we are able to reach before sunset, and you will be able to enjoy your time at leisure.
Cancellation and rescheduling policy
Any trip or experience can be canceled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase.