Dayara bugyal Trek
Trek the lush grasslands alongside wild horses
6 day experience highlights
Items free of cost for the travellers we love :)
In the local mountain, language Bugyal implies "High Altitude Meadow." Situated at an elevation ranging from 10,000 - 12,000 ft - Dayara Bugyal is one of the best and wonderful place to visit when you are visiting Uttarakhand. Nothing compares to the beauty of the vast meadows of Dayara Bugyal.
Nestled between the great Himalayan peaks like Bandarpoonch & White Peak, Dayara Burgyal is one of the most beautiful meadows to trek to in India. The trek unfailingly pulls the nature lovers, adventure geeks and trekkers from all around the world enriching their journey with the panoramic view of the Bandarpoonch, Bhagirathi peaks, Black peak and scores of other peaks along with numerous streams and tranquil environment.
For travellers who want to come here in winters can get a chance to Nordic, as well as Alpine skiing as during the winters the ski slope spreads over an area of 28 sq/km offering one of the best skiing experience ever. In case you are planning a summer trip, the meadow offers an excellent view where you can also see the district as well as some rural communities who bring their animals for grazing. Meadow offers a wide range of floral diversity that will surely take your breath away.
See all 4 inclusions
Day 1: Drive From Dehradun To Barsu
- Drive to Barsu starting at dawn that offers a scenic view and passes through towns of Chama and Uttarkashi along with the Bhagirathi river
- Barsu is the starting point for the Dayara Bugyal trek and is a small village about 32 km from Uttarkashi
- Reach Barsu and Overnight stay at the camp in Barsu.
Day 2: Barsu To Dayara Bugyal
- Wake up early to experience the first trek of the day to Dayara Bugyal. After breakfast, we trek from Barsu to Dayara Bugyal with a stunning view of Himalayas all round
- As we end the ascend at Dayara, the vast meadow unfolds in front of us
- The meadow is like a table top as you set foot on the meadow the sight of the mighty Himalayas surrounds you. Use your day to explore the vast Bugyal, with its undulant surface, copious streams, and a fantastic view of the surrounded beauty
- The beautiful slanted meadow rimmed by reducing trees that are sown to as far as your eyes can see, and it is a combined magnet for skiers during the month of winter, as an average snowfall in Dayara is well over some 4 ft, and the mark of snow are visible throughout the year
- Srikanth, Rudregaira, Gangotri I, II & III, Jaonli, Draupadi ka Danda I & II, Black peak, Bandarpunch, and many other unnamed peaks are visible from Dayara Bugyal meadow
- Enjoy an overnight stay in the camp at Dayara
Day 3: Trek Dayara Bugyal To Bakaria Top (3657 Meters) And Back To Dayara Bugyal
- Today after breakfast in the morning, we will start trek along the meadows and gain altitude gradually till we reach Bakaria Top. The views from the top take your breath away.
- Bakaria top is the highest point of Dayara Bugyal standing at 12,000 ft.
- You can witness the 360-degree panoramic view of snow capped mountains, valleys and towns as far as Uttarkashi can be seen from the top
- We descend back to Dayara, reach our campsite where you can enjoy the beautiful campsite, and relax for the evening. Overnight stay for the night
Day 4: Trek Dayara Bugyal To Pickkiya
- Post breakfast trek down to Pickkiya that goes well-laid through the vast stretches of the alpine meadows and the sub alpine forests of Dayara Bugyal
- Pichkiya campsite is a small grassland situated in between the alpine forests. Proceed towards beautiful inner dry valleys, dwarf rhododendrons that grow along with patches of grasslands near the campsite
- The day is for perfect relaxation and exploration. Overnight camp at Pichkiya
Day 5: Trek Pichikya To Barsu
- Another glorious morning in the mountains. After breakfast, driving by the side of river Ganga and then following the course of the river Bhagirathi - along with their travel courses ascending down steadily
- The drive won't make you feel tired as the route follows the charming Garhwal Mountains. After going through several twistiness and hairpin bends you will arrive at the picture perfect Barsu from where you can see the vast Bhagirathi valley and not just this, but the close-up view of the snow clad Himalayan peaks that will complete your picture
- We reach Barsu by afternoon and camp for the night
Day 6: Drive Barsu To Dehradun
- Early morning breakfast, we start driving back towards Dehradun with beautiful memories to cherish
- Upon arrival in Dehradun trip ends
Your commute on trip
Shared commute - You will be accompanied by other travellers indulging in the same experience for those said dates. A strict timing needs to be maintained in order to stay on schedule.
We'd highly recommend you to plan an early morning arrival at Dehradun so that we are able to reach Barsu before sunset, and you will be able to enjoy your time there
Cancellation and rescheduling policy
Any trip or experience can be canceled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase.