Nag Tibba Trek
Uttarakhand often referred as Devbhumi, known for its terrain covered in holy peaks, rivers and beautiful trails. One such place located at a 10,000-feet high mountain peak in lower Himalayas of Garhwal region is Nag Tibba. In literal terms, Nag Tibba means Serpent’s Peak with an altitude of 9,915 ft. It is the nearest trek route in Dehradun- Rishikesh route for the adventure lovers visiting Garhwal region in Uttarakhand.
For those looking for a short trek, this place is a perfect getaway. This place offers majestic beauty with panoramic views of green forests or meadows gradually turning into a snowy peak that will behold you. Apart from that, you can also enjoy snow clad mountains along with Kedarnath peaks, Bandarpoonch peak, the Gangotri group of peaks and Doon valley. The reverberating beauty of this place invites a group of trekkers to experience Rhododendron forests, ankle-deep snow, and snow- clad mountains. This trek offers best camping locations via a route through extremely beautiful deodar forest, thick jungles, meadows and quaint villages.
Any person with normal fitness – little or no trekking experience can enjoy this trek with adventurous surprises at each and every trail.
Nag Tibba is one such place where people can get bounded to the untouched beauty of the nature and the existence of human life in the wilderness.
3 day experience highlights
Items free of cost for the travellers we love :)
The perfect trek for a weekend getaway
See all 4 inclusions
Day 1: Drive To Pantwari And Trek To The Base Of Nag Tibba Summit
- Drive from Rishikesh to Pantwari Village which is located at an altitude of 4642 feet. You will be driven up via Mussoorie known as the most popular holiday destination and via the mind-boggling Kempty fall
- After a 12 km drive, you will reach Pantwari Village and start the first-day trek to Nag Tibba temple. The trail is easy-going and can be covered at a good pace. This trek uphill takes about 4 to 5 hours
- On reaching the campsite, one can enjoy pitching off tents with a hot sip of tea/coffee. The explorers can enjoy the scenic view of the surrounding area, enjoy taking pictures of a wide variety of flora and fauna
- Later by late evening, you can enjoy the bonfire beneath the humongous shattered and scattered stars. Enjoy dinner and sneak into the dome tents for a wonderful sleep
Day 2: Trek To The Nag Tibba Summit
- Wake up the beautiful morning with the nature around you. Sound to the chirping birds and a view of the first bright light falling on the snow-covered mountains
- After an early morning breakfast, the journey to the Nag Tibba top, located at an elevation of 3084 meters. The summit is straight up and takes about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes
- One can enjoy the stunning view of the Himalayan ranges of Swargrohini, Bandarpoonch, Gangotri, Kala Nag and Srikanta. One can enjoy the whole afternoon enjoying and relaxing surrounded by the exotic and breathtaking views
- The journey to return to the Nag Tibba base camp starts following the same route
- Reach the campsite and relish the freshly prepared dinner around the bonfire, star-spangled sky. Overnight stay in dome tents
Day 3: Trek From Nag Tibba Base To Auntar Village
- After a luxurious breakfast set out for the short but pleasurable trek to Auntar village. The trail is mostly a downhill path – completely covered in snow in winters
- During the journey, you can witness the dense forest & beautiful villages with the flowing river by Auntar. One can enjoy a dip in the ice cold water
- From Auntar, board the vehicle to Rishikesh via Tahtyud. With lunch served on the way
Your commute on trip
Shared commute - You will be accompanied by other travellers indulging in the same experience for those said dates. A strict timing needs to be maintained in order to stay on schedule.
We'd highly recommend you to plan an early morning arrival so that we are able to reach before sunset, and you will be able to enjoy your time at leisure.
Cancellation and rescheduling policy
Any trip or experience can be canceled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase.