Prashar Lake Trek
A perfect weekend trek ~ Short, sweet, sumptuous
2 day experience highlights
Items free of cost for the travellers we love :)
Prashar Lake Trek, providing breathtaking panoramic views of the great Himalayan Ranges, is one of the most beautiful weekend treks. Prashar Lake falls in the Mandi district of the beautiful state of Himachal Pradesh. Named after Prashar, a sage, who meditated here in ancient times, the trek is famous to provide exceptional sight of the Dhauladar ranges, Rohtang Pass, mountain ranges of Kinnaur and Shimla from the top.
The trek gives the travellers a chance to follow the exciting trail through forests and run by several small streams of water, making the whole experience an unforgettable one. As the trek goes through the villages, one can be a part of and enjoy the local culture as well. The trek is known to offer an exciting 180 degree view of the beautiful mountain ranges of Pir Panjal and Kinnaur. The Dhauladhar ranges, in all its vigor, will make you pull out the camera and click to capture its beauty. The trek has witnessed an increase number of tourists over time.
Beside the oval shaped lake, there is also a beautiful and well-sculptured temple dedicated to the sage Prashar. The brilliant architectural design of the temple is exemplary. The ones who are interested in architecture, the temple next to the lake will enthrall you with its riveting Himachali architecture, blending perfectly with the landscape. This mysterious lake is famous for the small circular island on its surface which keeps on changing its location from time to time. The locals believe that they have seen the island to be at the same location for few months in a row and then change a number of times with a month. The mystery around this lake has intrigued many travellers to visit the Prashar Lake and trek.
To protect the ecological balance of the site, the temple management decided not to allow tourists and pilgrims to go close to the Prashar Lake. Since the year 2000, they installed a fence along the circumference of the lake, making it impossible for the tourists to go close to the mysterious lake of Prashar.
See all 4 inclusions
Day 1: Arrive At Mandi, Drive To Baggi, And Trek To Parashar Lake
- Arrive to Mandi, you will be driven for around 26 km to the scenic Baggi village which will be as serene as it could be
- From Baggi, trek to the Prashar Lake which is about a total length of 9 km. The trail is quite on-going with easy ascend and descend which would take around 4-5 km to reach the lake side
- Once beside the lake, settle down into the camps beside it and enjoy the evening with an engrossing campfire followed by snacks, dinner and overnight stay
Day 2: Visit The Temple And Head Back To Mandi
- Wake up early morning and cherish the beautiful sight and breathtaking views of Dhauladhar, Pir Pinjal and Kinnaur mountain ranges
- Enjoy the scrumptious breakfast and explore the immaculate surroundings and the stunning landscapes of the Prashar Lake
- Visit a nearby temple and start descending towards Baggi wherein the trail could be quite slippery
- Arriving in Baggi and take a drive to Mandi marking it the end of this Prashar Lake trekking tour
Your commute on trip
Shared commute - You will be accompanied by other travellers indulging in the same experience for those said dates. A strict timing needs to be maintained in order to stay on schedule.
We'd highly recommend you to plan an early morning arrival so that we are able to reach before sunset, and you will be able to enjoy your time at leisure.
Cancellation and rescheduling policy
Any trip or experience can be canceled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase.